Operations with VM disks
MCS instances support a variety of disk operations.
MCS control panel
To perform operations with virtual machine disks in your MCS personal account, you should:
- Go to the Virtual Machines page of the Cloud Computing section.
- Open the instance page, go to the "Disks" tab.
Available operations in the section top menu:
- Disc creation
- Attaching an existing disk to an instance
Available disk context menu operations:
- Resizing the disk
- Viewing a list of disc snapshots
- Change disk type (requires unplugging the disk)
- Replacing the root disk
- Unmounting a disk
- Create a disk snapshot (snapshot)
Instance disks are managed using the following commands:
Get a list of disks:
$ openstack volume list
Get a list of virtual machines:
$ openstack server list
Attach or detach drive:
$ openstack server add (remove) volume <instance ID> <disk ID>