Setting an instance password
In MCS, it is possible to set a user password for Windows and Linux operating systems. For this, the following conditions must be met:
- The instance was created from the image provided by MCS, or the QEMU guest agent is installed and running on the system
- At least 15 minutes have passed since the VM was created
MCS control panel
To set a password in your MCS personal account , you should:
- Go to the Cloud Computing Virtual Machines page.
- Click on the required instance, go to the "Console" tab.
- Select "Set password". In the appeared password setting menu, enter the password in the input form or select the "Generate" option:
- Click on "Set password". This will send a command to the instance to change the password for the user, which is displayed in the menu in step 3. If the operation is successful, a notification will appear in the interface:
To set a password in the OpenStack client, run the command:
$ openstack server set --root-password <instance ID>
A password prompt appears.
You can get an instance ID in the MCS panel or by running:
$ openstack server list