Restoring a VM from a copy
Restoring an instance from a backup helps you create a copy of a virtual machine at a specific point in time when the backup point was created.
MCS control panel
To restore a backup in your MCS account, you should:
- Go to the "Backup" section of the "Cloud Computing" service.
- Go to the required backup plan in the "Automatic" or "Manual" section, the interface for viewing backups will appear:
- In the context menu of the recovery point, select "Create instance copy":
- Configure the parameters of the instance being restored from the backup:
- Select "Create a copy of an instance from a backup", after which the creation of a new virtual machine will begin.
You can create an instance from a backup using the karbor package of the Openstack CLI toolkit. To do this, you need to run the following commands:
Get a list of providers:
$ karbor provider-list
Get a list of backup plans:
$ karbor plan-list
Get a list of restore points:
$ karbor checkpoint-list <provider ID> --plan_id <plan ID>
Perform recovery using item IDs from the previous steps:
$ karbor restore-create <provider ID> <restore point ID>